The job of an Electrician involves installing and repairing street lights, electronic wiring, appliances, fixtures, and other electric equipment using hand or power tools. He/she is responsible for locating cause of electrical problems and correcting these breakdowns; connecting wires to transformers, circuit breakers or other components; and inspecting electrical equipment, components or systems to locate defects, make adjustments or avoid hazards.They ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
* Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
* Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
* Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
* Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
* Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
* Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
* Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
* Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
* Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
* Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
* Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
* Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
* Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
* Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
* Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
* Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
* Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
* Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
* Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
* Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
* A successful candidate must possess a minimum of diploma degree.
* Must have at least four-years apprenticeship program with courses in electrical theory, motor repair, wire splicing, mathematics, electrical circuits, welding and electrical control.
* Electricians must also be in good health, have accurate colour perception and aptitude in physics, trigonometry, mathematics and algebra.
* Must possess a license and keep updated with building regulations, public safety and laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Leadership, managerial and organizational skills,
* Problem-solving and analytical skills,
* Effective communication skills,
* Knowledge in using hand and power tools,
* Ability to respond quickly with electrical problems.
HOW TO APPLY:
All qualified and interested applicants should:
- Forward their CV to the HR through or
- Send full name, gender, age, phone number, qualification and position applying for to the phone number attached to this advert or to the message box above.
- To make inquiry; all calls must be between 8am-6pm and failure to adhere to the above instructions will leads to disqualification.
- All shortlisted candidates will be contacted