DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Regional Director of the organisation's HQ and the technical oversight of the company's Chief of Protocol, the Protocol & Liaison Officer’s role will be to contribute to the efficient delivery of protocol services of the Company by:
• Ensuring that the company and its staff are accorded at all times their privileges and immunities in the region covered by the organisation's HQ; Ensuring prompt issuance of relevant documents for company staff (residence permits, franchises, registration of their vehicles, exemption from VAT, etc.) in accordance with the company's policies and guidelines;
• Working closely with Protocol Services at the Organisation's Headquarters to ensure a maintenance of protocol standards of the company and its staff.
• Providing general administrative support to the Regional Resource Centre by designing, preparing and following up on various administrative documents, Notes Verbale, various certification documents, attestations, etc.;
• Contributing to the establishment of good working relations between the company, its staff and host country authorities.
• Providing assistance in the planning, programming and monitoring of ceremonies and receptions organized by the company
• Ensuring proper communication between staff of the company and government officials of the host country;
Other specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Act as liaison between the company and staff on the one hand and the host country authorities on the other;
• Prepare Notes Verbale addressed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the host country relating to the management of privileges and immunities of the Regional Resource Centre (RRC) and the staff assigned to it;
• Coordinate the organization of events and ceremonies organized by the RRC
• Maintain an up-to-date status of motor vehicle fleet for the RRC and its staff;
• Perform regular inventories of applications for franchises/concessions, residence permits, etc. and inform the Regional Director of the status;
• Ensure flag, emblems and pennants of the company are well maintained
• Produce a monthly activity report on the Protocol Officer’s portfolio;
• Report to the Privileges, immunities and conferences Division (SGPC.12) on all issues pertaining to the implementation of the privileges and immunities provisions of the Host Country Agreement (HCA);
• Prepare, dispatch and follow up on residence permits of the company's staff;
• Prepare, dispatch and follow up on visa and motor vehicle registration applications of the company’s staff at the beginning and end of employment term;
• Follow up with the host country’s authorities, procedures for obtaining franchises/concessions on the importation and exportation of personal effects, vehicles and other goods for the use of the RRC and its staff, as well as VAT exemptions;
• Conduct airport arrival and departure formalities for senior staff of the company and all other personalities invited by the Regional Office;
• Perform any other tasks as may be assigned.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
• A minimum of a Master’s degree or its university equivalent in Law, International Relations, International Public Law, Political Science, or other related discipline;
• Strong interpersonal skills, a keen sense of initiative, rigorous and methodical approach with attention to detail; Budget and programme management skills desirable;
• An excellent communicator in English. A good working knowledge of French will be an advantage;
• Competence in the use of standard software used in the company (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
• Qualifications, studies and training in diplomacy and protocol practices would be an advantage;
• A minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience holding a diplomatic position
• Experience in protocol practices of Governments, National or Public Administrations, Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Embassies;
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups;
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates, Qualified and Interested in this role should;
* Forward their well detailed CV and cover letter to the HR through crestbaylogistics @gmail.com indicating the post being applied for as the SUBJECT
* Send their full details, including phone number, qualifications and location to the message box or to 09025080556
Candidates should please note that the CV and cover letter should be in either doc, docx or pdf formats and no other format.
* Applicants are to adhere strictly the Rules and Regulations as failure to do so will lead to TOTAL disqualification
Job Type: Full-time